You are responsible for creating a detailed and unique business case, including project plan, for the project described below.
You have recently been appointed by the City Council who is seeking to develop a Christmas Tourism Attraction of its own .Your assignment is to write a report on the prospective Christmas Land as a project – considering what is likely to go well and what not so well. Your report should therefore focus on the project management aspects including the key risks e.g. loss of money and overrunning its schedule and not meeting the performance requirements expected from a project of this type.
Produce a detailed business case and project plan, and any recommendations to the Project Board that you consider appropriate.
Identify the major planning problems with the
Blunderland project and suggest how project management techniques might have helped to mitigate these problems
• Project objectives
• Performance Measurement / Management of quality
• Stakeholder analysis
• Activities to be carried out and scheduling including any
• Resources to be used including project budget
• Constraints and Risks
• Communications to be used
In addition please discuss the following in your report:
• Possible success/ failure factors for this project
• Considerations concerning future operations
• Include a bibliography of your sources.