Write an illustration paragraph. Your paragraph will be at least seven sentences. The introduction should grab the reader’s attention. Your topic sentence should introduce your topic and the point you are going to make about it. The body paragraphs should provide specific details to support your point. The conclusion should summarize your paragraph and provide closure.
Remember the key to an effective paragraph is a strong topic sentence which includes the topic you are going to write about and the point you are going to make about the topic.
Topic: Appearing in a reality TV show
Point: Willing or not willing
Sample Topic Sentences:
Appearing on a reality TV show has many benefits.
There are many reasons to appear on a reality TV show.
Appearing on a reality TV show is not worthwhile.
There are many reasons to avoid appearing on a reality TV show.
( need 3 or more vivid examples)
Your paragraph should:
· Be written in MLA style (12 point font TNR, double spaced, include header, title, and page numbers with author’s last name in upper right hand corner )
· Use first or third person point of view. Do not use the words you, your, our, etc.
· Use consistent verb tense. Use ALL present tense or ALL past tense.
· Use all sentence types that we’ve learned: simple, compound, and complex.
· Use emphatic order (order of importance), so you’ll go from least interesting piece of support to most interesting piece of support.
Check coherence, use transitions
Include enough details.
Stay on one point.