You are required to answer the following
questions using his datafile:
1. For each of the variables, say which ones are nominal, ordinal, interval or ratio scales.
2. Perform the appropriate descriptive analysis with SPSS on all the questions of the
questionnaire. You should analyse the data using the SPSS software.
3. Help Bill analyse the relationship between the social gratification indices and
a) number of times respondents log onto Facebook
b) number of minutes spent on Facebook
e) employment status and
f) relationship status.
4. Perform a reliability analysis of the social gratification ITEMS.
5. Analyse the correlation among the social gratification indices.
6. What would be the marketing implications for advertisers on Facebook resulting from
Bill’s findings to the above questions?
A report format is required for this assignment and structure and presentation will count. A
title page, executive summary, table of contents, body (introduction, identification of scales
used in the questionnaire, answering of all the questions, displaying and commenting on
tables and figures and conclusion) are required for this assessment. Please use Font 12, Times
New Roman, single spacing and a maximum of 25 pages is to be submitted for this
assessment. It should include relevant SPSS tables and figures into a single file.
Marking Criteria Maximum
Structure and presentation 2
Identification of scales – Question 1 2
Statistical analyses and interpretation of
o Question 2 (descriptive analysis) 5
o Question 3a 2
o Question 3b 2
o Question 3c 2
o Question 3d 2
o Question 3e 2
o Question 3f 2
o Question 4 (reliability analysis) 2
o Question 5 (correlation) 2
Marketing implications- Question 6 5