Please note that this is a report, not a case study!
From the previous outline; here is what lacked:
The introduction must be refocused. This is to be about Belgacom overall, and then you can clearly state that the operation you will focus on is the sim card ordering process. Having presented Belgacom’s strategic objectives, you then need to state under the alignment heading how the objectives of the chosen process are aligned with these which currently you don’t do.
In general the outline you submitted tells that the paper is too much about Belgacom overall: you need to focus more on the chosen process.
Under your process assessment heading, please consider more discussion of jobs, layout, supply network and capacity.
Overall: you also need to cover planning and control
You do not use direct quotes, please use some and remember in this case you provide the page number.
The purpose of the Final Project is to apply the concepts and techniques of the module to the analysis of real-world situations or problems. You are expected to use diverse sources of information and to carry out an original analysis rather than summarise or rehash existing work. You are encouraged to use situations and data from your own experience where possible.
For this module, you are required to complete a course project that reveals mastery in application of the operations management concepts emphasised in the course. This involves reporting on a specific operation or process for an organisation and the operations management practices that affect the performance of that particular operation/process. The project should be a formal business report that provides information regarding the strategic objectives of the organisation as well as the strategy of the specific operation/process. With regard to the specific operation/process chosen, the report should effectively analyse its design, organisation, technology, planning and control aspects, and strategies for improvement, preventing failure, and ensuring quality. Evaluation and analysis of these areas are to be supported with operations management concepts you have covered throughout the module.
The tasks required for the Final Project to be submitted this week are as follows:
1. Identify the strategic objectives of the organisation.
2. Analyse how the strategy of the selected operation/process is aligned with the strategic objectives of the organisation based on the performance objectives and characteristics of the operation/process.
3. Evaluate the overall design of the operation/process with regard to its total supply network, location of capacity, physical layout, and jobs.
4. Assess the deployment of technology within the operation/process based on the performance objectives as well as volume-variety characteristics.
5. Evaluate the planning and control methods or approaches for managing the demand and capacity of the operation/process.
6. Analyse the techniques utilised for improvement of the operation/process, as well as for detecting/preventing failure and ensuring quality.
Your Final Project should follow the given outline:
1. Brief description of company and operation/process selected
2. Strategic objectives of organisation and operation/process
3. Operation/process design
4. Utilisation of technology
5. Planning and control of the operation/process
6. Improvement, failure, and quality
Your Final Project should also include a section on how and where you obtained the information sources and the methodology used to perform any analysis. This project should follow a structured approach and should be prepared and presented as a professional business report. Please be sure your report adheres to the Harvard Referencing System.