These are the short stories in my book. Choose two stories that you see suitable to do my term paper please:
1. The Tell Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe
2. Araby by James Joyce
3. Jack and the Beanstalk By Joseph Jacobs
4. To Build A Fire By Jack London
5. A Sound of Thunder by Ray Bradbury
6. After Twenty Years by O. Henry
7. Letter from Gaza by Ghassan Kanafani
8. Thank You, Ma’am by Langston Hughes
9. Scarlet ibis By James Hurst.
Guide Notes: First read the short stories of your choice very carefully. Try to find out what is specific about each ending, what makes it particularly interesting, totally unexpected, and/ or rather inevitable. Compare these endings and try to see if they are similar or rather different from each other.
Throughout your close study of these short stories, it is very important to keep in mind what is said, during class debates, about endings in short stories. You should also use information in your textbooks and online resources relevant to this topic. Various sources can help you understand the topic and support your ideas.
Once you have fully analysed the topic and thought about its various aspects, it becomes easy to come up with an interesting thesis statement.
The following are some questions that can help you with your research, but feel free to add more questions, and to ask yourself different questions:
• Do the endings in the selected short stories resemble each other? What distinguishes each ending?
• Which ending is likely to impress the reader?
• How would each short story be with a different ending?
• Can there be a better ending for one or both short stories?
• Remember to ask yourself:
• Have I found a solid thesis statement?
• Have I organized my ideas and followed a proper plan?
• Have I justified my answers?
• Have I used secondary sources to support my ideas?