task aims to develop:
- writing skills (organizing ideas within paragraphs, clarity and accuracy of sentences)
- philosophical knowledge in Early Childhood
- an ability to incorporate a socio cultural perspective into the Early Learning Environment
- an ability to identify, scaffold and support emerging development
- an ability to link children’s learning to theoretical knowledge
A philosophy interprets our values and beliefs and is reflected in our practices. It demonstrates how we think about children and ourselves as educators and reflects our theoretical knowledge.
You are required to document your personal philosophy for children specific to the 0-3 age group using the following topics as headings:
- The programme
- Parents and family members
- Role of the educator
Each topic should include an explanation/justification for each of your beliefs and a statement about how each belief will transpose into practice and linked to theorists where appropriate.
The statement of philosophy should be 1200 words