Topic: total customer experience
In today’s increasingly competitive market environment, ‘The Total
Customer Experience’ remains as one domain where marketing strategies and
actions can secure a sustainable business future through effective brand
positioning that is supported by relevant marketing value based
With reference to this statement, select an organisation where
significant improvements can be made to the total customer experience and
then show where and how justified changes can be made.
Attention should be given to:
1. The adoption of the marketing concept as a working business
(What is marketing communication, How well has your marketing department
has adapted. I it a market oriented firm?)
2. Understanding Customers and Segmenting Customers.
(Do they understand customers, B”B, B2C, org. Behaviour, give examples of
improving segmentation, positioning etc.)
3. Analysing Needs, Wants, Values and Expectations of Customers.
(Consumer Buying Behaviour, Do they strike to improve the change , needs
and wants of customers.)
4. Creating Customer-based Value Propositions for Customer Segments
(Do they really understand their needs they change all the time. Create
customer based proposition. Price for each segment. E.G. Blockbuster
didn’t once they were successful but then stayed in Cashcow, The world
changed. PLC moved on but they didn’t.
5. Managing the Customer Experience through Relationship Marketing &
(Do they have loyalty card systems, Customer data base loyalty programme,
customer relationship form, long-term relationship customer care
6. Reinforcing the Organisation’s Identity (or Brands) through changes
to the Marketing Mix Variables.
(Branding, what does this meanto ppl. Does it have an image. Brand
propostion is it clear, vision and values.
7. Research Requirements for the Organisation to track the Total
(Do they use Research Marketing. How is the total customer experience).
8. The Outcomes from becoming more Customer Centric
• For each of the above areas, the existing position should be stated
and then desired position be projected so that the MBA student has
clarity about where the organisation is now and where it needs to be to
achieve relevance in a highly competitive market environment.
• The purpose of the discussion paper is for the marketing team to
reflect, discuss and agree on agenda of items for change.