Mandatory to be specific with your initiative & you should find plenty of resources for the topic you will chose in order to support the
Using assignment template attached it’s a must to follow the bellow instruction
Part A: Quality improvement/change intervention proposal:
[3,000 words, 75% of total grade; assesses learning outcomes 1 – 4] Prepare an evidenced based proposal for a quality improvement/change intervention to be implemented in YOUR OWN HEALTHCARE ORGANISATION using the following headings:
1. Introduction [Brief background to quality improvement/change interventions, introduction to your subject matter and the contents of your assignment (“signpost”). Reference to the evidence-base will be useful…]
a-General background (setting the stage, why this is an area of interest) (why its important to healthcare organization using evidence)
b-Introduction to subject matter (more specific information on the matter being discussed\ background on organization ) (use evidence why should it improve )
c- Introduction to contents of essay (an outline of what is ahead for the reader)
Ex: the writer\author healthcare organization in acute care in GCC …..+ mandatory support with evidence + 1page
(chose a topic & search for it \why picked it ?why not others + evidence)
2. The importance of evaluation, research and measurement (EMR) [A critical, evidence-based discussion investigating the importance of evaluation, measurement and research in managing healthcare and/or quality and safety in healthcare.]
(Should include comparison\contrast\advantage \disadvantage\limitation \dependences \interdependences between EMR ex: decide as writer why you go with any idea & support it with evidence \ex: Berwick said …..but… said….however the writer thought….)\(in this topic generally talk what’s imp of EMR ,based on evidence do not focus on topic)( you can use table\diagrham.. for comparison cuz it will save word count )
3. Problem description [Nature and significance of the local, organisational problem – this could be meaningful disruption, failure, inadequacy, distress, confusion or other dysfunction in your organisation that adversely affects patients, staff or the system as a whole, or that prevents care from reaching its full potential. Reference to the evidence-base will be useful…]
(what is it ? why its such a problem ?+ reference use ( can use SQUIRE 2.0 standards for quality improvement report see attach )( in this topic focus on the problem \1-2 paragraph )
4.Available knowledge [Summary of what is currently known about the problem, including relevant previous studies – this is a critical discussion of the evidence-base in the quality improvement/change intervention area (literature review!). Remember to identify and critique conflicting evidence and draw appropriate conclusions.]
(mandatory to use 10 best article that support topic\change + evidence)
5. Rationale and context [An explanation of why you have chosen the quality improvement/change intervention, why it will work and why it is both sustainable and replicable. The context is the physical, social and cultural factors that “makes” your organisation what it is (e.g. external environmental factors, organisational dynamics, team work/collaboration, resources and leadership) and your interpretation of these factors that could affect the effectiveness and generalisability of intervention. Reference to the evidence-base will be useful…]
6. Objectives for the proposed quality improvement/change intervention
[How you will achieve the proposed quality improvement/change intervention – S.M.A.R.T. statements defining measurable outcomes. These can be “listed” in your assignment. Reference to the evidence- base will be useful…]
7. Study, measures and evaluation for the proposed quality improvement/change intervention [Approach chosen for critically analysing and assessing the impact of the quality improvement/change intervention, including your approach to ensure the outcomes will be due to the intervention. This should include the measures chosen for studying the processes and outcomes of the intervention, including the rationale for choosing them, operational definitions, validity and reliability, approach to ongoing assessment and methods to ensure the completeness and accuracy of data collected. Reference to the evidence-base will be useful…]
8. Ethical considerations [Any ethical aspects of implementing and studying the proposed quality improvement/change intervention and how these will be addressed, potentially including formal ethics review and conflicts of interest. Reference to the evidence-base will be useful…]
[Factors which could limit the proposed quality improvement/change intervention’s generalisability, internal validity (confounding, bias or imprecision in design, methods, measurement or analysis) and approaches to minimise such limitations. Reference to the evidence-base will be useful…]
[A brief summary of what has been discussed, a suggested course of action and a statement which summarizes your main point or conclusions of the arguments you have made]
Part B: Reflection:
[1,000 words, 25% of total grade; assesses learning outcomes 5]
Beginning with your prior experience and understanding, critically reflect on the key learnings you have achieved during Module 3 “Evaluation, Measurement & Research” and identify how you can apply these key learnings to your area of practice. [Your reflection must be structured using an established reflective model e.g. Gibbs Reflective Cycle and references are not mandatory] see attached file >>
Rationale of module:
Healthcare professionals need to have the skills and knowledge to assess, implement and evaluate healthcare interventions. Evaluation, measurement and research challenge healthcare professionals to develop a strong evidence-based function within the healthcare services.
To advance healthcare professionals’ knowledge of evaluation, measurement and research and to empower students to choose the right methods for the task at hand.
1. Critically discuss the importance of evaluation, measurement and research in managing healthcare and/or quality and safety in healthcare.
2. Critically evaluate research reports relevant to your field of study. (What current knowledge in field? should be used through out whole assignment\ use reference to critical review)
3. Critique key approaches to evaluation, measurement and research (such as performance indicators, audit and quantitative and qualitative research methods). (ex: I pick audit type 1 cuz ….. & did not pick others cuz ….+evidence to support ur decision) (ex: according to smith etl…)
4. Critically discuss how to evaluate quality improvement/change in a healthcare organisation. (ex : the writer choose this evaluation design cuz…. & other are …)why picked this ? why not picked others with reference
5. Demonstrate an understanding of critical reflection on key concepts around evaluation, measurement and research.
Critically discuss : Look at all aspects of the issue; debate the issue, giving your reasons for and against the argument being proposed. Your opinion must be supported by authoritative evidence
Critically evaluate : Appraise, access and make a judgement, stressing strengths and weaknesses, advantages and disadvantages.