Politics and Human Rights
1. State, Democracy and HR. Discuss how citizens can engage in politics in democratic states in order to influence decisions; which different ways are there and what characterizes these different ways?
2. State Capacity. Ethnic belonging is often of great importance for the access to security and power in several of the sub-Saharan African countries. Discuss why this is the case, as well as the relationship between failed states and ethnic conflicts.
Analyse the case from a HR-perspective!
(1) Which actors are there in the conflict?
(2) Which HR have been violated directly/indirectly?
(3) Does the situation pose a threat against “international peace and security”? If yes, why? If not, why not?
(4) Is there any substance for intervention from the side of the international community?
PLACE AN ORDER TODAY &GET 15% DISCOUNT (CODE GAC15)