Please read this carefully thank you
Answer the following question
Should children have the same legal rights as adults? If not, what justifies the differences between the rights of children and those of adults?
● 2000 words (10% either way).
● Focus on the required philosophical reading materials. No need for further philosophical materials. (Which I will upload, its 2 readings from both philosophers john harries and Feinberg)
● Use the contemporary example provided, and introduce others. (From the PowerPoint that I will upload) these website is very helpful for examples http://www.freerangekids.com and this is a school for no rules for children please include it in an example http://www.summerhillschool.co.uk/QAs-2009.pdf
● Demonstrate an understanding of the philosophical position being discussed.
● Evaluative rather than merely descriptive.
● Evaluation to include your own view.
● Reluctance to present own argument
● Not addressing the question directly
● Overly ‘wise’ prose (anything which contains the phrase ‘the dawn of time’, for example)
● Introduction including thesis statement and ‘signposting’.
● The Case For (or Side 1).
● The Case Against (or Side 2).
● Evaluation. What are the strengths and shortcomings of each side? To what extent do you agree with each? Could certain ideas be adapted or improved?
● Conclusion, which refers to the thesis statement and builds upon it.
I HAVE WRIITEN DOWN EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO DO FOR THIS ESSAY. Please do it accordingly as I need an A to pass this course.