Assignment 2: Project Paper
Due Week 8 and worth 200 points
The Project Paper focuses on a suggested topic related to art, architecture, history, music, or literature. The project will reflect your views and interpretation of the topic. This project is designed to help you stretch your mind and your abilities to be the creative, innovative, and critical thinker you already are!
Write a five ( 5) page paper (750-1,000 words) that responds to each of the items described in the topic.
New Composition. Speech. Your uncle’s birthday is in two (2) months, and everyone knows that he loves almost all kinds of music. As a birthday gift for him, you want to have a special piece of music composed in his honor which will be played at a family birthday celebration. Write a speech that you will make to the composer’s agent. Include the following:
1. Narrow your choices down to three (3) composers you’ve studied in this course. Choose one (1) of the composers and explain why you want him to write the “birthday present” music.
I chose “ANTONIO VIVALDI” Reference “Spring, I from The Four Season”.
The Four Season was in the Disney movie Fantasia. My Uncle liked the movie.
2. Explain why the other two (2) composers were ultimately not selected.
3. Specifically identify the musical elements in the composer’s style that you would like to be included in the new music written for your uncle.
4. Describe what sort of emotion is generated by listening to the works of your selected composer; in other words, what do you want your uncle to “feel” as he hears the music, and why is this composer so perfect for this composition?
5. Support your ideas with specific, illustrative examples. If there are questions or points associated with your chosen topic, be sure to answer all of the listed questions and address all of the items in that topic. If your topic asks you to do several things related to the topic, be sure to do each of the things listed.
6. Use at least five (5) good quality academic sources, with one (1) source being the class text. Also use Sayre, Henry M. he Humanities Culture, Continuity & Change Third Edition
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Explain how key social, cultural, and artistic contributions contribute to historical changes.
• Explain the importance of situating a society’s cultural and artistic expressions within a historical context.
• Examine the influences of intellectual, religious, political, and socio-economic forces on social, cultural, and artistic expressions.
• Identify major historical developments in world cultures from the Renaissance to the contemporary period.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in the study of world cultures.
Write clearly and concisely about world cultures using proper writing mechanics
The Project Paper will be graded on:
• The level to which the instructions were followed.
• The extent to which all four (4) parts in the topic were addressed.
• The adequacy of information, examples, and details which support the general claim or main idea.
• The clarity and relevance of the explanations and descriptions.
• Adherence to standard rules of grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
The inclusion of five (5) required references (two  additional sources besides your textbook) documented using APA style. Also use Sayre, Henry M. he Humanities Culture, Continuity & Change Third Edition
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA Style format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions specific to the selected topic. (Note: Students can find APA style materials located in the Additional Resources section of their Student Center within their course shell for reference)
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page