Topic: HW1 Library Exercise
Order type: Essay
A. Getting Started
Complete the Plagiarism tutorial at https://library.acadiau.ca/tutorials/plagiarism.
B. Homework Assignment Directions
1. Select a potential specific research question for your research project and conduct the literature searches directed below. You will build on this research question throughout the next 6 weeks as you develop elements of your final research paper, so keep it simple and manageable.
2. See Course Materials > Lesson Notes > Week 1 for more information on developing specific research questions. You will have time to refine it before you submit it and your Hypothesis at the end of Week 2. If you have trouble, please contact your instructor for help!
C. Homework Assignment Questions
CUT AND PASTE QUESTIONS AND YOUR ANSWERS STARTING HERE INTO YOUR HW1 UPLOAD. KEEP THESE ANSWERS SHORT AND TO THE POINT…A FEW SENTENCES IS OK.
1. Answer the following questions and conduct the directed literature searches:
a. Your Specific Research Question:
b. Three key words:
c. Initial Boolean search strategies with Boolean operators (AND, OR, NOT) in capital letters (e.g. (key word1 AND key word2 AND key word3).
1) Primary search strategy (keywords and Boolean operators):
2) Alternate search strategy (keywords and Boolean operators):
3) How and why did you develop the above primary and alternate search strategies as listed?
4) Do your alternate search strategies narrow or expand the material expected to be returned in each search?
Utilizing your above search strategies (or alternate strategies which may develop during searching), search the below listed databases or web sites. Review several of the items returned for each search and provide a full citation for one item you think is most applicable to your specific research question. All citations must follow the Turabian parenthetical-reference list formats in Turabian (7th Edition) Chapters 18-19. If no material is found in one of the below databases or web sites after using your primary and alternate search strategies, then simply state “No material found” under the item.
d. APUS The Online Library EBSCO Database:
e. APUS The Online Library Proquest Database:
f. APUS The Online Library > Select Topic > LexisNexis:
g. APUS The Online Library > Select Topic > pick two databases most applicable to your topic:
1. First Select Topic Database: Name________________________
2. Second Select Topic Database: Name_____________________
g. APUS The Online Library Open Access Journals:
h. APUS The Online Library ACLS E-books:
i. APUS The Online Library Ebrary Library:
Question: How would you obtain access to this book through the AMU Interlibrary Loan service?
j. APUS The Online Library School of Security and Global Studies portal —review all listed links and select sources from at least two that are most applicable to your research topic:
1. First Study Portal Link: Name________________________
k.Why should Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page) never be used for material in a social science research project?
l. How did your original keyword and Boolean search strategy change as you completed the
For this post, discuss your interests, a potential topic, and a potential research question. Your post should also reflect that you have read the week’s Lesson material so you have a sense of the research cycle. Do you anticipate any difficulties in any of the phases of the research cycle as you pursue research on your topic?
THIS THE RESEARCH QUESTION I WILL GO WITH"
Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs and the Psychological Development of a Terrorist
Discuss your process to develop a research question and preliminary hypothesis. What resources did you consult in addition to those offered in your Lessons? What difficulties did you encounter along your way?
PLACE AN ORDER TODAY & GET 15% DISCOUNT (CODE GAC15)