This paper is to be typed, double-spaced and 3-5 pages in length of text. References and citations will be in APA format that can be found on the TU Library homepage. Proper grammar and spelling is required. *NOTE: the APA guide addresses on-line materials
Research Paper Guidelines
1. Students may choose their own topic for the term paper, as long as it is a topic relating to the Law and Criminal Procedure. If you are unsure if your topic meets this requirement, please email me and ask. You will not be able to make a passing grade on the term paper if your paper is not on topic.
2. This paper is to have an introduction, body and conclusion.
3. Must have at least one citation.
4. References and citations are to be in APA format. If you have questions concerning APA, please refer to the APA manual on the TU library home page or contact the instructor for assistance.
5. Paper is to be 3 to 5 pages, double-spaced (at least 900 words, not including
the cover page and reference page.
6. Proper grammar and spelling are required.
7. Paper must contain a reference list of sources used.
8. Students can select a topic of their choice. Besides using your textbook as a source, you must also use two other additional outside sources for your paper. For example, you may use the internet, academic journal databases, books, encyclopedias, videos, newspapers, etc.
9. Papers must be placed in the Assignments Folder in blackboard.
10. note: Do not use Wikipedia..it is not a credible source
11. Do not write in the first person perspective.
12. If you are caught plagiarizing, you will not be allowed another opportunity to
Complete another paper.
13. There will be no proof-reading on the instructor’s part. Also, what you turn in the first time will be the paper graded by the instructor. There will not be any re-submissions allowed for any reason. This includes turning in the wrong paper, a rough draft or an incomplete paper.
Text book is: Criminal Procedure (7th Edition) by John M Scheb II must be used as one of the reference. If access is needed to this text book I have a digital rental through yuzu and can provide username and password.