Part One: Interpersonal Communication
This quarter you will have a Communication Practicum Project which will last all six weeks. The project will start this week. Students will work on practical application of their learning through application and analysis of a single movie from the last 50 years.
The choice of the movie is up to the student and cannot be changed after turning in the first “Level” assignment. The practicum concept is one where you the student will build on each week of work. Imagine a video game like Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, or even the Legend of Zelda. Each level brings you to new challenges, culminating to a final level.
LEVEL ONE: Pick a movie and watch it, then using PowerPoint create a short presentation describing elements which you learned from this week’s lesson:
- Introduce the setting, plot, and the main characters of the movie?
- Find three elements concerning the characteristics of communication from your text and course notes and apply them to the movie, make sure you cite your source(s) using APA.
Part Two: Assess Listening
Re-watch your movie then select a 10 minute scene and evaluate the listening techniques of the main characters. Point out the good listening techniques from the book, and assess the effectiveness of the perceived listening. Describe the following:
- What was the topic which was being addressed?
- What level of listening was being used?
- What internal/external barriers to effective listening were observed?
- Hypothesize how these barriers could be overcome.
- If you were to counsel one of the lead characters, what listening goals would you give for him/her? Explain.
- Cite all references correctly using APA.
Assess the culture of the characters in the movie:
- What was the culture of the main characters of the movie?
- How does the main characters culture relate to members of different cultures?
- Was the main characters culture one that he/she was raised with or was it chosen by the character?
- Find three elements concerning culture from your text and apply them to the movie, make sure you cite your source(s) using APA.
To get a custom written paper, place an order with us!
Additional Benefits for you
♦ 24/7 customer support
♦ On-time delivery guarantee
♦ Plagiarism-free research papers
♦ Affordable and student-friendly prices
♦ Scholarly-rich custom-written papers
♦ 100% privacy and confidentiality