Legacies of the Vietnam War
By the end of the 1960s and especially the early 1970s, the Vietnam War became an “embarrassment” to the United States. It was a war we couldn’t win on many fronts and we finally just had to give up and come home. Our troops that came home generally did not receive a hero’s welcome.
1. But what impact did the Vietnam War have on us today?
2. What legacies have impacted our lives?
3. Share with us your thoughts about the Vietnam War and how it impacts you as an American?
4. Do we still talk about the Vietnam War in our society?
5. How has it affected you (or your parents, or grand parents), if any?