Section 1: Brain and behavior (Chapter 2)
1. Choose area of the brain and describe what it does.
2. Explain how that specific area influences a behavior that is part of your everyday life.
Section 2: Nature and Nurture in your life (Chapter 4)
1. Describe the role of nature (biology) in shaping what kind of person you are today. Give a specific example.
2. Describe the role of nurture (environment) in shaping what kind of person you are today. Give a specific example.
Section 3: Gender role (Chapter 3)
1. Describe the influence of culture, environment, and biology on your gender role.
2. Give an example to explain your response.
Section 4: Memory (Chapter 7)
1. Discuss the fallibility of memory in terms of bias and inaccuracy when you reflect on your past. Use specific examples from your
2. Identify specific memory biases that could affect how you remember your past. Include factors related to cognition. Use specific
examples from your life.
Section 5: Why does psychology rely on results instead of personal experiences? (Examples in different chapters)
1. Describe why the science of psychology places more emphasis on results based on scientific studies than it does on personal
experiences and anecdotes.
Myers, D. (2017). Psychology (4th ed.). Asheville, NC: Soomo Learning. Available from hMp://www.webtexts.com