In order to improve processes quality, management keeps records and evaluates processes based on these records. This type of recordkeeping is considered benchmarking. Benchmarking allows an organization to analyze variances for different types of processes. Benchmarking can also be used to improve in a continual improvement process. In this discussion, you will explore how benchmarking can be used for strategic planning.
Respond to the following:
- How can benchmarking be used as part of a process improvement procedure in strategic planning?
- What are the disadvantages of benchmarking?
- Would benchmarking work in all types of organizations? Why or why not?
- How would you explain to workers who were resistant to engaging in benchmarking that their assistance and inputs are needed for the benchmarking effort to be successful?
- Do you believe that benchmarking can lead to a competitive advantage for the organization, or does benchmarking simply allow an organization to “catch up” to the organization’s competition?
- Select an organization with which all of your classmates would be familiar. Select a process in which your selected organization engages on a regular basis. Describe a company that would be considered a “leader” in the business process that you have selected. How can your chosen organization learn from the leader in this business process and improve its own performance on the process that you selected?
To get a custom written paper, place an order with us!
Additional Benefits for you
♦ 24/7 customer support
♦ On-time delivery guarantee
♦ Plagiarism-free research papers
♦ Affordable and student-friendly prices
♦ Scholarly-rich custom-written papers
♦ 100% privacy and confidentiality