For the content of your paper:
– Provide historical context/background for each document, connecting the individual accounts to the larger historical themes of the era.
– Compare the experiences and attitudes of each author.
– Based on what you have read in the textbook, explain how all of these documents relate to relationships between Americans and Native Americans during
the early 1800s?
– You DO NOT need to answer the questions at the end of each document.
3) Writing Requirements: Each PSA must be more than 300 words in length. Direct quotes do not count toward the required word count.
4) Research and Citations: This assignment does not require any outside research and can be completed using the documents, the textbook, and the videos.
In the case of these sources, only direct quotes need to be cited, requiring only the author’s last name in parentheses. Outside sources (books,
websites, etc.) may also be used, but in this case all information must be cited and must be listed in a works cited (or bibliography) at the end of the
essay. For your citations, please use Chicago, MLA, or APA. You will submit your paper through plagiarism checking software, so be sure to cite any and
all direct quotes. For help with citations, see the “History / Writing Help” section of the course menu.
Foner, Eric. Give Me Liberty!: An American History (Volume 1). Seagull 5th Edition. W.W. Norton & Company, Inc., 2016. ISBN # 978-0-393-60342-2