write an essay with cited research sources. They will be a minimum of 500 words and a maximum of 600 words per essay, and you may lose
points for going too long! The rubric states an exemplary essay will be concise. The topics for the issues will be:
Healthcare: The U.S. healthcare system has been a controversial topic for decades. Here are the aspects and questions to address for this
1. Identify a current issue being debated about the American healthcare system.
2. Explain two competing solutions to this problem.
3. Evaluate which one is preferable.
4. Address the responsibilities of each level of government, which are federal, state, and local. (Most of the essay will be about the
5. Address the responsibilities of each of the three branches of the federal government.
Works Cited 3 min with current articles on issue.
Essays should be written in the third person perspective. (Avoid using “I, me, my, mine, we, us, our, you, your”).
ay, choose a problem within the topic. What are two competing solutions to this problem? Explain which one is better and why. How will the
different levels of government be involved (federal, state and local)? This will require research into news recent news articles (published
within four weeks of each assignment’s due date). For each respective week, include relevant information from the required readings for
that week too.