There are two broad approaches to financing health care: a market-based approach and a government-financed approach. For each approach, answer the
1. Who is provided access?
2. How much coverage is provided?
3. How are the services paid for?
4. How does reimbursement apply?
5. Are there limitations on care?
6. What guides care decisions for patients?
7. What is the quality of services?
8. Are there competitive options?
9. How much are prevention and wellness emphasized?
10. How are health care costs managed and controlled?
11. How are medical advances generated?
12. How is health care reform established?
In addition, offer any further advantages and/or disadvantages you have gleaned from your research.
The information above can be presented in one of the following formats as long as there are full sentences and examples:
1. Short-answer format
In a short narrative (one for each approach), explain what component you feel requires the most reform in order to finance a health care system that covers
all, or most, people. Justify your rationale.
Covers each component in depth with extensive details and examples. Subject knowledge is excellent. Thoughtfully analyzes and evaluates major points of the
criteria. Draws warranted, judicious, nonfallacious conclusions. Identifies the salient arguments (reasons and claims) and advantages and disadvantages,
providing explicit examples and details.
Clear and convincing argument presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. Rationale is in-depth and supported by evidence. All
sources are authoritative as appropriate.
Content is comprehensive, accurate, and persuasive. Definitions are clearly stated.
The writer uses a variety of sentence constructions, figures of speech, and word choice in distinctive and creative ways that are appropriate to purpose,
discipline, and scope