This Assignment assesses the following course outcome:
HN377-1: Examine the physical developmental stages of children and adolescents.
HN377-2: Examine the cognitive developmental stages of children and adolescents.
HN377-3: Examine the social and emotional developmental stages of children and adolescents.
In this Assignment, you will present your MyVirtualChild’s growth and development from birth through adolescence as a scrapbook. The purpose of this assignment is to review physical, cognitive, social and emotional developmental theories studied in this course. You will submit the scrapbook as a 15 slide Microsoft PowerPoint Presentation. Your slides will contain brief bullet-points to summarize the main concepts. You will also need to develop Speaker Notes for each slide. Speaker Notes should be detailed and written in complete sentences. Your Speaker Notes contain the speech portion of your presentation. Be sure to include citations when needed. While your main sources of information will be your text and your project outcome, you will also need to cite a minimum of two other research articles from peer-reviewed journals that you found in the Kaplan Library.
Slide 1: Title slide
Slide 2: Introduce your child
Slides 3-4: Physical development
Slides 5-7: Cognitive development
Slides 8-11: Social and Emotional development
Slide 12: Evaluate how your parenting choices impacted your child’s development
Slide 13: Looking ahead – Potential interventions to resolve behavioral issues
Slide 14: Summary
Slide 15: Reference list
Please keep the following expectations in mind:
- A title slide with a title that clearly indicates the topic of the presentation.
- A team member page with each team member’s name.
- Use one basic slide design and layout.
- Use charts and graphs as needed.
- Limit slides to between 6 and 8 lines of content.
- Use bullets for your main points.
- Use speaker notes to fully explain what is being discussed in the bullet points as though you are presenting to an audience.
- Use APA citations on appropriate slides.
- If images are used, they should be properly referenced.
- A minimum of three academic or scholarly sources (not including of the textbook) must be used.