1. Do you consider yourself to have social capital? If so, what form does it take?
2. Someone you know gets a perfect score on the SAT. What personal, family, and social characteristics do you think this individual has?
Another person becomes a serial killer. Without knowing this person, describe their personal, family, and social characteristics. If bad
behavior is explained by multiple problems, is good behavior explained by multiple strengths?
3. Do you believe it is a latent trait that makes a person crime prone, or is crime a function of environment and socialization?
4. Do you agree with Loeber’s multiple pathways model? Do you know people who have traveled down those paths?
5. Do people really change, or do they stay the same but appear to be different because their life circumstances have changed?