In this task, you will engage in a Community Health simulation to gather information about a virtual community. Sentinel City™ ( NOTE : Please look on sentinel city on you tube to have an idea of how it look like such as buildings, etc. and also look on attachments i provide with information from sentinel city simulation video to help complete this paper ) Community Health Simulation is a virtual city developed by Healthcare Learning Innovations to represent what you may find in any real United States city. You will be able to take a virtual bus trip and/or walk around the city while observing the environment and people of Sentinel City™. Through your observations, you will gather information to assess potential health issues and risks within this online virtual learning environment.
You will assess different factors that may contribute to or detract from the health and wellness of the community and its citizens. During your trips through the city, you may be asked to describe the people you see and any expected or unexpected findings related to the citizens of Sentinel City™. Your keen observations will be the foundation to successfully completing assignment.
B. Complete a needs-assessment summary to determine the health needs and risks of the virtual community in Sentinel City™ by using each of the following tools:
• Demographics Assessment
• Neighborhood/Community Safety Inventory
• Windshield Survey
• Population Health Scavenger Hunt
Note: The name of each of the four tools should be identified in the needs-assessment summary, along with a brief summary of how each of the four tools were used in the needs assessment.
1. Analyze the collected data using concepts of epidemiology and health determinants.
C. Formulate a community diagnosis for Sentinel City™ by doing the following:
1. Discuss the three problems for Sentinel City™ based on the Healthy People 2020 goals.
2. Discuss community resources (e.g., Sentinel City™ Affordable Housing Project, Better Health Clinic) that are available to address one of the problems identified in part C1.
3. Identify a primary prevention topic based on the problem you selected in part C2.( Please note that my primary prevention topic is Prevention of overweight and obesity through healthy nutrition and physical activity).
D. Discuss how you will apply the assessment strategies you have learned from the simulation environment to your community assessment strategies in your community.
E. Acknowledge sources, using in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
Prime Essay Services , written from scratch, delivered on time, at affordable rates!