Directions: Respond to the following questions in responses up to five sentences in length. Each response is worth up to ten points. The book to use is The Story and Its writer An introduction to short story friction By Ann Charters 9th edition.
Quiz: History of the Short Story
Directions: Respond to the following questions in responses up to five sentences in length. Each response is worth up to ten points.
- On page 1065, the author writes, “… a common theme (in the Medieval period) is the unresolved relation between art and morality.” Based on your reading of Appendix Three, explain this statement.
- After the secularization of society in the eighteenth century, fictionalized narratives changed. How so?
- Explain this quote by Angela Carter, based on your understanding of Appendix Three: “Each century tends to create or re-create fairy tales after its own taste” (1067).
- Based on the reading, what are the differences between the writings of Chekhov and of Maupassant?
- How did the writings of Sherwood Anderson, F. Scott Fitzgerald, and Ernest Hemingway revitalize the American short story?
To get a custom written paper, place an order with us!
Additional Benefits for you
♦ 24/7 customer support
♦ On-time delivery guarantee
♦ Plagiarism-free research papers
♦ Affordable and student-friendly prices
♦ Scholarly-rich custom-written papers
♦ 100% privacy and confidentiality