ACER CASE ANALYSIS
CASE AND INSTRUCTIONS IN PDF WILL BE SENT BY EMAIL
MAN 4633 – MNC STRATEGY
ACER CASE ANALYSIS
YOU MUST WORK ON THE CASE ANALYSIS AS AN INDIVIDUAL ASSIGNMENT.
PLEASE SEE THE SYLLABUS FOR THE DUE DATE Papers will not be accepted after the deadline.
A. Case: “Acer, Inc.: Taiwan’s Rampaging Dragon” (p. 60, 7th ed. of the textbook)
B. Answer the following questions:
1. Compare and contrast Stan Shih’s management style to that of Leonard Liu. Be sure to cite examples. (25 pts)
2. Do you think Leonard Liu’s resignation was beneficial for Acer? Why or why not? (25 pts)
3. Refer to the types of organizational models described in Ch. 4 of the textbook. Which of those models would you say apply/applies to Acer? Explain
your answer. (25 pts)
4. Should Shih allow the development of the Aspire to continue? Why or why not? (25 pts)
C. IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS:
1. DO NOT do any additional research outside of what is presented in the case.
Your analysis must be based only on information presented in the case and chapters/notes.
2. Answer all questions using complete sentences. Points will be deducted for using a bulleted/numbered list format. NO BULLETS!!!
3. DO NOT simply summarize the information already provided in the case, except when using as supporting information for a point you are making.
4. Please do not focus on the detailed financial data (balance sheets, etc.) presented in the case. Do not do any in depth financial analyses.
5. Answer the questions in a Word doc. The case analysis must be turned in as a Word doc attachment in the Acer Dropbox link in Blackboard.
6. Please number the question you are answering.
7. The case analysis should be approximately 300-400 words (total) excluding the title page and questions.
8. Please include your name, Panther ID, and the case title on the title page of your paper.
9. The paper must be in a regular-sized font (e.g. Times New Roman, 12-point).