zetlin and weber
According to Weber in “Asceticism and the Capitalist Spirit”pdf file:
1. Weber drew on the writings of Richard Baxter (a Puritan preacher) to describe the set of ideas he referred to as the “Protestant ethic”. What is Richard Baxter’s advice to his followers regarding leisure, work and profit-making?
2. What is the Protestant ethic? (Weber also refers to this ethic as “Puritan asceticism”)
3. How is the Protestant ethic related to the spirit of capitalism?
According to Zeitlin in “Weber’s Methodology of the Social Sciences”:
4. What did Weber mean when he wrote “For the knowledge of historical phenomena in their concreteness, the most general laws, because they are most devoid of content, are also the least valuable” (see page 248)?
5. What are “ideal types”? Why did Weber find them useful for studying society?
ORDER THIS ESSAY HERE NOW AND GET A DISCOUNT !!!
Place an order today and get 13% Discount (Code GAC13)