Imagine you made your hobby of building model airplanes into a small business that produces very small remote control aircrafts capable of long sustained flights. You are ready to expand your business by competing for Department of Homeland Security contracts.
Write a three (3) page paper in which you:
1. Thoroughly analyzed how the federal act supports and favors your business over large multinational organizations that build aircrafts (e.g., Mitsubishi Aircraft Corporation).
2. Thoroughly created an organizational chart that would best support working within the federal contracting system; thoroughly explained the value of each position (i.e., Internal Contracting Officer) to your proposed business.
3. Use at least five (5) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
4. Explain the basics of how and from whom the federal government buys what it needs.
5. Apply the rules of federal government contracting.
6. Compare the government’s key players and describe their main functions.
7. Use technology and information resources to research issues in contract administration and management.
8. Write clearly and concisely about contract administration and management using proper writing mechanics.
The assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.