Choose two (2) public corporations in an industry which you are familiar – one (1) that has acquired another company and operates internationally and one (1) that does not have a history of mergers and acquisitions and operates solely within the United States. Research each company on its own Website, the public filings on the Securities and Exchange Commission. The annual report will often provide insights that can help address some of these questions.
Please do not use Apple, TESCO, Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts. I already wrote papers on these companies this quarter.
1. For the corporation that has acquired another company, merged with another company, or been acquired by another company, thoroughly evaluate the strategy that led to the merger or acquisition to determine whether or not this merger or acquisition was a wise choice. Thoroughly, justify your opinion.
2. For the corporation that has not been involved in any mergers or acquisitions, thoroughly identify one (1) company that would be a profitable candidate for the corporation to acquire or merge with and thoroughly explain why this company would be a profitable target. For each one of these points listed please see which one the company is using: (Firms use acquisition strategies to (1) increase market power, (2) overcome entry barriers to new markets or regions, (3) avoid the costs of developing new products and increase the speed of new market entries (4) reduce the risk of entering a new business, (5) become more diversified, (6) reshape their competitive scope by developing a difference portfolio of businesses, and (7) enhance their learning as the foundation for developing new capabilities.) List problems companies need to address.
3. For the corporation that operates internationally, thoroughly evaluate and identify its international business-level strategy and international corporate-level strategy and thoroughly make recommendations for improvement. Be sure to thoroughly explain if they are doing it well.
4. For the corporation that does not operate internationally, thoroughly propose one business-level strategy and one corporate-level strategy that you would suggest the corporation consider. Identify the business level strategy and explain if they are adopting the business level strategy. Thoroughly, justify your proposals.
5. Please make sure each paragraph has at least 5 long significant sentences or more. Use at least (5) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
6. Paper cannot have more than 20% similarities. Must be APA style. Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and reference page are not included in the required page length