Managing Information and Technology
INSTRUCTIONS TO CANDIDATES:
You are required to perform the following tasks:
Given the dynamism of today?s market and the ever increasing degree of competition globally, produce a critical assessment of the role of IT in generating competitive advantage.
Your assessment should include appropriate application of the primary and secondary activities of Porter?s value chain and show how information systems could aid management of organisations to achieve the objective of gaining competitive advantage.
Pick any business (company) you like. >>> (not a big business)>> (local business such as coffee shop,restaurant,or any business on the street)
How IT help the business get competition advantage?
Could IT help Inbound logistics in business? and how?
Could IT help operations in business ? and how?
Could IT help outbound logistics in business? and how?
Could IT help marketing and sales in business? and how?
Could IT help services in business? and how?
Description of Assessment Requirements
You are required to produce a critical assessment of the role that IT plays in organisations in their pursuit of gaining competitive advantage
Through addressing the set requirements of the assignment, students are expected to demonstrate course concepts and ideas studied in the course. In addition, students ought to demonstrate their analytical skills, and communicate using management terms or language.
The assignment requires students to provide both theoretical and practical knowledge, and therefore requires adequate research work.
The report should typically include:
1. An executive summary (Maximum 200 words)
2. Table of contents
3. Main body of the report
4. Listing of references/bibliography
Module Learning Outcomes to be Assessed:-
1. Understand the role, identity, and relationship of information systems to business and business processes, to organisations, and to management and management functions within economies and the wider dimensions of the global economy
2. Understand and define the role of networks, data and information handling, network technologies and their use, in modern business and organisational environments
3. Identify, describe, and discuss how information technologies contribute to the role, position and function of business, organisations, and economies in contemporary environments
ORDER THIS ESSAY HERE NOW AND GET A DISCOUNT !!!
Place an order today and get13% Discount (Code GAC13)