the study seeks to examine the mechanisms that exist in emerging markets to protect the rights of minority shareholders, paying particular attention to some countries. The study specifically seeks to:
1) Compare minority shareholder protection mechanisms amongst other countries;
2) Examine the extent to which minority shareholders in the countries are protected while permitting lawful exercise of power by directors and majority shareholders;
3) Examine the effectiveness of minority shareholder protection mechanisms amongst other countries.
In Dissertation, the focus upon which my research based on is that the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries, as emerging economies, has nevertheless a different position from other countries with emerging economies, as they have financial affluence resulted of the extraction of oil and gas which reflected on several economic sectors. Therefore, the OECD principle which emphasis on the equitable treatment of all shareholders, including minority and foreign shareholders focuses generally in attracting foreign investment to emerging markets. However, in the case of GCC countries this seems unattractive for the GCC countries. As we all know, in corporate governance one size does not fit all. Policy makers should take into account all the variables which affect some emerging markets like the case of the GCC countries.
2. WHAT IS MINORITY SHAREHOLDERS IN A FIRM?
2.1 The Minority Shareholders in the Listed Companies.
2.2 The Definition of Minority Shareholders Protection.
2.3 The Purpose of the Minority Shareholders Protection.
2.4 The Global Efforts to enhance minority shareholders protection.
2.4.1 Importance of the Minority Shareholder Protection.
2.4.2 Global Efforts to Enhance Minority Shareholders Protection in the Developed Countries.
2.4.3 Global Efforts to Enhance Minority Shareholders Protection in Developing Countries.
3. THE MINORITY SHAREHOLDERS PROTECTION IN EMERGING MARKETS.
3.1 Protection of Minority Shareholders in Central or Eastern Europe.
3.2 Protection of Minority Shareholders in Latin America .
3.3 Protection of Minority Shareholders in MENA Region.
4. THE MINORITY SHAREHOLDERS PROTECTION IN THE GULF COOPERATION COUNCIL (GCC.