Assignment 2 consists of two components, assuming both would be provided to the CEO/Headof your chosen organisation:
1) Practical component: submission of a working dashboard. Build the dashboard you proposedin Assignment 1 using one of the BI tools you’ve been taught in the course
The dashboard must use at least one of the new types of visualisations (not just charts) and usedata from more than one source.
2) Written component:
– Explain the challenges in developing the dashboard
– Identify the type of BI users the intended audience of the dashboard are
– Describe the specific data used, and explain why that particular data
would be useful forthe intended audience of the dashboard
– Given the above, provide recommendations on
– Why the organisation would benefit investing further in BIA
– What the organisation could do to make BIA implementation easier,
including tomanage the challenges of BIA
– Which dashboard or report the organisation should develop next
– Include screenshot(s) of your working dashboard
Organisations for assignments: Samsung
You can choose to cover all areas of the organisation or focus on particular field of operation
(eg: marketing, HR, manufacturing, environment sustainability, public reputation). If you are doing a
degree in that area, you might find that useful.
One of Apple’s strengths is being able to manufacturing and deliver to millions of customers
globally. A threat to that may be worker injury, equipment breaking down or unreliable
distribution. Which groups/users in Apple would want data to deal with those issues – what data
would they need ? In what form ?
A company that needs to do a better job of recruiting the right staff – the dashboard then would
be for HR managers.