The Secret Life of Bees” by Kidd
1- “The Secret Life of Bees” by Kidd – Answer Question (Uploaded)
2- There is a movie and a book.
3- There is a link to help you quickly go over the book and the movie
Link Source: SparkNotes
KIDD DAY #2 (67-135)
1. In chapter four and five the reader is introduced to the Boatwright sisters and their home. Find passages that provide a physical description of the sisters, the family dwelling and the honey house. What do these passages reveal about the Boatwright family culture?
2. On page 73, the reader is introduced to the May’s wailing wall when August says,
“‘Oh, May, honey, you go on out to the wall and finish your cry.’” Examine other passages that discuss the wall (80, 95, 101, 97, 173, 182,187, 195) and come to some conclusions regarding the purpose of the wall and its relevance to the larger story.
3. Briefly summarize the story of the “young nun named Beatrix who loved Mary”(91). Why does August tell the story to Lily? What does Lily’s misunderstanding of August’s intent reveal about her? (See also page 108 and 287.)
4. Explain the connection between the story August tells about “Our Lady of Chains” and the role the Daughters of Mary come to play in Lily’s life.
KIDD DAY #3 (136-213)
1. Chapter eight opens with an epigraph from The Queen Must Die: And Other Affairs of Bees and Men:
Honeybees depend not only on physical contact with the colony, but also require its social companionship and support. Isolate a honeybee from her sisters and she will soon die.
Explain how the epigraph introduces and underscores the major themes of the chapter.
2.What connection can you made between the “black Madonna of Breznichar in Bohemia”(139), Mrs. Boatwright’s prayer cards (139), Our Lady of Chains, and the “The mother of thousands” (149)?
3. When Lily found out her mother had her mother once slept the honey house, she…
4. When May found out Zach had been arrested, she…
KIDD DAY #4 (214-302)
1.How does Lily’s knowledge of the past help her move from idealization of Deborah to forgiveness, and acceptance?
2. In the final chapter of the novel, August explains to Lily that “‘[o]ur lady is not some magical being out there somewhere, like a fairy godmother. She’s not the statue in the parlor. She’s something inside of you”(288). Cite specific dialogue and/or behavior that supports the assertion that that Lily, Zach, Rosaleen and June have found that “something inside.”
ORDER THIS ESSAY HERE NOW AND GET A DISCOUNT !!!
Place an order today and get 13% Discount (Code GAC13)