Topic: Advanced Nursing Practice I
1. This question(Discussion Question ) is not for you. It is for peer #1 and # 2. I am asking you to do the question #2 below which is comment and review the posted by two peers. Please do not write an essay which is not helping me and you. Just a wasting time for both and I will return it back to you and get a refund. It happened in the past. Sorry I am so blunt about this.
Question #2 review and comment on the discussion question responses posted by at least two of your peers.
Guidelines: Support your responses with scholarly academic references using APA style format. In your discussion question response, provide a substantive response that illustrates a well-reasoned and thoughtful response; is factually correct with relevant scholarly citations, references, and examples that demonstrates a clear connection to the readings.
1. Discussion question: Please answer this question: List the competencies that you developed as a result of taking this course. Discuss how proficient you feel with each competency listed and a plan to become more proficient in these competencies as you progress through the MSN program. Incorporate how the weekly Grand Rounds and Final Project (see page 4) helped in the development of new competencies and why these activities are important in your development as an advanced practice nurse.
List the competencies that you developed as a result of taking this course. Discuss how proficient you feel with each competency listed and a plan to become more proficient in these competencies as you progress through the MSN program. Incorporate how the weekly Grand Rounds and Final Project helped in the development of new competencies and why these activities are important in your development as an advanced practice nurse.
1. Apply critical thinking skills and techniques to actively seek evidence-based knowledge from health, psychological, and social sciences to care of patients across the life span and from diverse backgrounds with selected common health problem.
2. Develop holistic plans of nursing care for prevention, health promotion, and acute care of common health problems of patients using evidence-based practice and nursing standards of care.
Critical thinking and holistic care for every patient that I encounter during my tenure as an APN is my goal and I feel that during this course I have been able to develop these two skills. The case studies really made me think of how I could treat each patient using evidence based practices. My goal for each of those patients as will be my goal for each of my future patients will be to treat them holistically. I must always keep in mind to be culturally competent keeping in mind that must be mindful of my patients� special needs. As an APN I must uphold nursing standards of care at all times. As an new APN my future goal will be to continue to learn and grow in this great profession by using my critical thinking skills and using evidence based practices to treat the patient holistically.
3. Participate in collaborative practice among health team members to maximize quality measures of patient health outcomes.
This course has helped me to develop a new way of thinking when caring for a patient with the healthcare team collaboratively. I must be able to assess when a patient needs a special consult to further improve their health and know and understand where I can get extra resources for my patient.
4. Integrate evidence-based research into advanced practice in decisions to improve patient outcomes.
5. Analyze current patient-care technologies for effectiveness to optimize patient outcomes in various physiological systems.
6. Evaluate interaction between regulatory and quality controls in obtaining holistic plans of nursing care consistent with Healthy People national guidelines.
7. Employ leadership skills among health team members to maximize patient advocacy and patient health outcomes.
8. Formulate client-centered and culturally appropriate strategies in nursing standards of care for optimal health outcomes.