Topic: Cystic Fibrosis
References to all be within 5 years and be credible sources (ex. New England journal of medicine)
1. Overview of the disease: history, population it affects, how disease starts to progress, disease manifestations, body reactions and defenses.
2. Diagnostic testing and procedures: normal/abnormal results, signs/symptoms, reasons for the test, nursing implications for each test, teaching, preparation.
3. History of treatment and current treatment: how treatment affects body, body responses, future (experimental or new treatments)
4. Health promotion and disease prevention: teaching (in detail )
5. Psycho-social issues including: how the patient is affected, family/caregiver issues, available resources: support groups and what the groups offer the patients.