Health Care Across the Continuum-Data Management Type of document: Annotated Bibliography
Number of Pages: 3 (Double Spaced) Category: Healthcare
Language Style: English (U.S.)
Writing Style: APA
Information purposes only:
Health informatics professionals are responsible for promoting and maintaining data quality standards. As organizations continue to adopt information systems for managing health information, the implementation of standardized clinical vocabularies and terminologies will change how health information is exchanged across the continuum. Stop Information here.
In this task, you will locate three journal articles that discuss how the use of standardized clinical vocabularies and terminologies will support data quality requirements for the health record and success of health information exchange among organizations and within geographic regions. Task Areas below
A. Create an annotated bibliography of three journal articles that meets the following requirements:
• Journal articles must be from scholarly, professional journals. This includes professional journals from the medical field, allied health professions, information technology, and healthcare informatics.
• Journal articles must have been published within the past three years.
B. Discuss in your annotated bibliography (suggested length of two paragraphs per article) how the articles you selected address data quality.
Below are points that must be consider in your discussion:
• How data quality is improved by the use of standardized terminologies?
• How data quality requirements may be included in organizational policies or processes.
• How standardized terminologies impact the way statistical data is gathered.
• How standardized terminologies influence clinical documentation and practice.
• How movement toward standardized clinical vocabularies and terminologies serves as a foundation for the National Health Information Network (NHIN).
• Why standardized terminologies are critical to large health information exchanges.
C. If sources are used, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.STOP.
Note: When bulleted points are present in the task prompt, the level of detail or support called for in the rubric refers to those bulleted points.
Note: When using sources to support ideas and elements in a paper or project, the submission MUST include APA formatted in-text citations with a corresponding reference list for any direct quotes or paraphrasing. It is not necessary to list sources that were consulted if they have not been quoted or paraphrased in the text of the paper or project.
Note: No more than a combined total of 30% of a submission can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from sources, even if cited correctly.
The following are the Articulation of Response Requirements:
Substantial articulation is characterized by writing/presentation that is skillfully or creatively organized into a structure that communicates the central ideas and details of the work. Words chosen are used accurately. They clearly contribute to and enhance the concepts presented. Advanced vocabulary, precise language, or cleverly constructed phrases which may be included serve to increase the overall impact of the piece. The Paragraphing that is applied clearly differentiates concepts. The paragraph structures support the organization of the work and contribute to the product. Sentences are constructed so that a reader can easily move through the work. Sentences may be varied in length, structure, and style. Sentence structure augments the organization and purpose of the work. Readers can readily detect elements the author has included to address each assessment prompt. Adherence to Standard English rules for spelling, punctuation, capitalization, grammar, and usage is evident throughout the work. Overall the work is mechanically accurate. Any errors present are minor, isolated, and do not detract from the flow of the work or disrupt the communication of content. PLACE AN ORDER TODAY & GET 15% DISCOUNT (CODE GAC15)