– To determine the role of magnetic resonance in the evaluation of patients with meningitis, chronic and recurrent aseptic meningitis among others.
– To determine the diagnostic accuracy MRI in the diagnosis of meningitis.
– To show how the advantages of MRI can help reduce diagnosis time for meningitis patients.
– To determine the efficiency of MRI in terms of image quality.
– To determine the efficiency of MRI 1.5T.
A quantitative analysis of existing literature on the use of magnetic resonance imaging in meningitis will be carried out. Literature databases will be searched using terms and phrases related to the topic such as Neuroimaging, infections, therapy, MRI, tuberculosis, magnetic resonance imaging and phrases such the definition of meningitis and types of meningitis. Publications of journals and other medical related articles will be screened on the basis of relevance and followed by reading of abstracts. Other publications from the Indian Journals of Radiology and Imaging and U.S National Library of Medicine will be thoroughly read to have a greater understanding of the area of research. The following hypothesis will be tested for their validity:
1. Magnetic resonance imaging is better technology compared to other technologies such as laboratory screening tests and CT scans.
2. Use of high-field magnetic resonance also provides a large validity of results since it gives a clear observation of meningitis even at the early stage.
3. The characteristics of MRI provide advantage of other technologies