You will submit a 1500 word fully-referenced critical essay on the topic below:
The first casualty of war is truth. Discuss with reference to the war in Iraq in 2003
I have also include the references to be used below. Please use these as well as others ones by you.
1) Palmer, J & Fontan, V 2007-02, ”Our ears and our eyes’ : journalists and fixers in Iraq’, Journalism : theory, practice, and criticism, vol. 8 no. 1, pp. 5-24.
2) Barton, M 2004-05, ‘Indecent exposure’, Sydney Morning Herald, 22-23 May, p. 3.
3) Mordue, M 2004-05, ‘A war with no front line’, Sydney Morning Herald, 22-23 May, pp. 6-7.
4) Sante, L 2004-05, ‘Tourists and torturers’, The New York Times, May 11, p. 23.
You may also want to check these out. They may or may not be helpful but you can check them out if you like:
1) War, Propaganda and the Media
2) War images as eyewitness