Reflection on Megatrends and entrepreneurial mindset
Word limit 1200
This assessment to will help to consolidate and demonstrate the understanding of some of the key concepts relating to entrepreneurship and innovation in particular megatrends. In which will apply the knowledge to investigate how an organisation has addressed a megatrend.
This assessment requires you to writea reflection piece on the Megatrends and Entrepreneurial mindset
The reflection piece must:
- include a definition of the key theoretical principles that underpin each of the topics for that submission
- identify key characteristics of the topic to ensure you have correctly identified what a megatrend is (as opposed to a more general business problem)
- discuss how the relevant topic/s relate to entrepreneurship and innovation more broadly, and to the business discipline that you are studying. Refer to how you might use these ideas for solving problems in your business discipline.
Ensure your discussion and reflection is supported and justified by the use of relevant supporting research and examples.
As this is a personal reflection, you may write in first person and in semi-formal tone, as well as link the topics to your personal experience. However, you must include research from the learning materials, readings or wider reading relevant to the topics, to support your discussion. All sources must be appropriately cited and referenced using Harvard style 8 references required.
- Knowledge and understanding of theoretical principles
- Use of research
- Relevance to business discipline and contexts
- Presentation: Structure, grammar, language and referencing.
Your work will be assessed using the following marking guide:
|Knowledge and understanding of theoretical principles (40%)
|Definition and explanation of the relevant theoretical principles reveals a deep level of understanding. Identification of the key characteristics of wicked problems, megatrends and entrepreneurial mindset that demonstrates precision and breadth, particularly in defining the multiple dimensions of these concepts.
|Use of research (20%)
|Seamless integration of a broad range of relevant research, that ranges well beyond the provided learning material, to link reflections to theory. Choice of material demonstrates high-level skills in judgement, critical thinking and analysis.
|Relevance to business discipline and contexts (30%)
|Thorough and precise explanation of how the concepts apply to both broader business and social contexts, and the student’s own business discipline, demonstrating a deep level of critical thinking.
|Presentation: Structure, grammar, language and referencing (10%)
|Grammar, language and structure conform to expected academic language conventions. Clear attention to grammar and language both for clarity and consistency of communication are evident, and effectively strengthen ideas and arguments. There are no or very minor spelling and grammar errors, and consistent evidence of the work having been proofread. All references are included, and adhere to Harvard referencing style. There are no discernible discrepancies in the reference list.