This is an individual assignment. Write a word-processed business-type report. The word count is a
minimum of 1500 words to a maximum of 3000 words. Students should evaluate and discuss the information
appropriately to ensure it is relevant and succinctly argued to achieve the limit.
According to TSO (2007), “Release and Deployment Management aims to build, test and deliver the
capability to provide the services specified by Service Design and that will accomplish the
stakeholder’s requirements and deliver the intended objectives”.
It has been noted in the press recently that serious service outages have occurred in more than one
U.K. Financial Institution causing concern for the managers and customers alike. Problems created due
to the release of software components has been sited as a major contributing factor. This has the
disadvantage of creating difficulties for the companies as it has culminated in a lack of confidence
by the customers who, as a result, may take their custom elsewhere.
Whilst not able to discuss the specifics of these occurrences students should choose an appropriate
real world company or an agreed case study that will enable them to discuss their application of
Release and Deployment Management within a Service Transition culture. This may be a company they work
for, a case study or other company that they are aware of and can research appropriate levels of
Apply the knowledge gained about Release and Deployment within the context of creating a proactive
service transition culture built on the management of release of IT systems and services. This should
include an understanding of the broader context of Service Transition, Knowledge Management and
Service Asset and Configuration Management to analyse the chosen organisation.
Describe how the organisation under investigation has or could implement the appropriate ITIL Service
Transition Processes. This should ideally focus on the current Release and Deployment structures in
place but especially in relation to the following:
• Describe how the organisation has implemented Service Transitions processes;
• Describe the current tools used in the organisation;
• How does it compare to an IT Service Management proposed structure?
• Identify areas that have not been implemented;
• Assess and evaluate the success of the implementation;
• Specify the advantages the organisation has/is likely to gain and any negative outcomes that
have been brought about by the implementation;
• After the evaluation draw up conclusions and a set of recommendations for the organisation
that would help them align themselves more successfully with IT Service Management practices.
If students do not have access to a real company/organisation they can use the Case Study provided
taking on board the challenges identified in the scenario, especially as they relate to Knowledge and
Asset Management with respect to Release and Deployment. Specific tasks in this case are:
• Describe how the organisation could implement the processes and the likely outcome of such
changes current structure. Describe commonly used software tools which could be available to
facilitate the solution;
• How does the existing structure compare to an IT Service Management proposed structure?
• Identify areas for development including a timescale;
• Assess and evaluate the likely success of the implementation if an IT Service Management
solution is implemented;
• Specify the advantages the organisation is likely to gain and any negative outcomes that could
be brought about by the implementation;
• After the evaluation students should draw up conclusions and a set of recommendations for the
organisation that would help them align themselves more successfully with IT Service Management
Apply the knowledge gained from the online topics, continuous assessment and student’s own research to
identify and area of Release and Deployment within a Service Transition culture that the organisation
The report should include the following components to gain the maximum marks for the report structure.
• Front page
• Including: student name, course, tutor, date
• Definitions of key terms
• Main report
• Analyse knowledge management implementation
• Summary and recommendations
• Bibliography and References
• Around 10-15 referenced texts and appropriate sources
GET HELP WITH A SIMILAR ORDER RIGHT HERE, NOW!!! 17% DISCOUNT CODE: 1b5672eb