Topic: Creating and Naming Colors -Color Theory
The “fathers” of colors really didn’t have much to go on as they named and created different colors. Your assignment will afford you the same opportunity. Create 10 custom colors swatches using the design program of your choice. Not only will you create the colors, you also are responsible for naming them as well. For example, if you created a color swatch that is 90% magenta and 100% yellow, you might call this color “Ring of Fire.” To complete your assignment, follow the steps below:
1. With adobe Photoshop or illustrator.
2. Create 10 of your own custom color swatches.
3. Assign specific and nature-related names to each (keeping with the trends set forth by the “fathers” of color).
4. Copy and paste your colors into a Word document.
5. Place the name of each color directly after the swatch.
6. Submit all 10 swatches in a single document to the drop box.
Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document. (Mac users, please remember to append the “.docx” extension to the filename.)