Topic: Family Coping Strategies: Balancing Paid Employment and Domestic
Prepare an Outline
– Choose a statement that expresses the central purpose or thesis of your
review. When thinking of a thesis consider the authors intentions and
whether or not you think those intentions were successfully realized.
Eliminate all notes that do not relate to your thesis. Organize your
remaining points into separate groups such as points about structure,
style or argument. Devise a logical sequence for presenting these ideas.
Remember that all of your ideas must support your central thesis.
The first paragraph may contain:
– a statement of the thesis
– the author’s’s purpose in writing the article
– comments on how the article relates to other work on the same
– information about the authors reputation of authority in the
The body of the review should:
– state your arguments in support of your thesis
– follow the logical development of ideas that you mapped out in
– include quotations from the article which illustrate your main
The concluding paragraph may:
– Summarize your review
– Restate your thesis
– Referencing has to be in either MLA or APA format